Access to housing is vital to community well-being.
Affordable Housing Strategy
Access to housing is vital to community well-being. For this reason, the Golden Community Coop partnered with the Town of Golden to hire CitySpaces Consulting to develop the Housing Needs Report and Affordable Housing Strategy for Golden and Area A. The process involved engagement with the community, non-profit partners, local businesses and developers through key informant interviews, an open house and focus groups.
The Housing Needs Report identifies the populations most in need of housing, housing gaps and other housing issues in the community; while the Affordable Housing Strategy identifies a series of actions and tools that can be implemented to address these needs and to influence change.
The Affordable Housing Strategy identifies 16 strategies that the Town, Coop, and community partners can consider towards addressing local housing gaps and meeting the community’s housing needs.
Find out more:
Housing Golden: A Community Discussion
May 8th 2018 public event
- List of presenters : Selkirk Planning & Design – Fraser Blyth, Community Planning ;
- Retired Lawyer – Glen Ewan, Q.C., Legal Housing Structures;
- Tim Hortons, Golden – Dane Walters, Staff Housing;
- Day 2 Day Books – Marloes Van Lent, Staff Housing;
- Golden Community Social Services Coop – Jill Dewtie, Affordable Housing;
- Rocky Pointe Condos & Real Estate Professional – Rav Soomal, Developing a Strata in Golden & the Challenges in Building Affordable Housing;
- Innovation Building & Vidorra “Oso” – Ned Johnson, Developing Rental Housing in Golden & Building Intentionally for Sustainability.
Find out more: