Access to housing is vital to community well-being.
Affordable Housing Strategy
Access to housing is vital to community well-being. For this reason, the Golden Community Coop, in partnership with the Town of Golden, is in the process of developing a Housing Needs Assessment and Affordable Housing Strategy for the Golden community to identify current and future housing needs, priorities for the community, and options for action.
An Affordable Housing Strategy provides communities with a framework that allows them to implement strategies intended to create affordable housing. This includes identifying the housing needs of the community, the barriers to meeting those needs, and preparing strategies to address the barriers.
The Housing Needs Assessment and Affordable Housing Strategy for the Golden Area is the culmination of a six-month-long process, involving extensive engagement with the community, and collaboration with government and non-profit partners. The Strategy identifies the priorities for the Golden community to address non-market and market housing affordability across the housing continuum, and includes an implementation plan identifying short and long-term actions.
Housing Golden: A Community Discussion
May 8th 2018 public event
- List of presenters : Selkirk Planning & Design – Fraser Blyth, Community Planning ;
- Retired Lawyer – Glen Ewan, Q.C., Legal Housing Structures;
- Tim Hortons, Golden – Dane Walters, Staff Housing;
- Day 2 Day Books – Marloes Van Lent, Staff Housing;
- Golden Community Social Services Coop – Jill Dewtie, Affordable Housing;
- Rocky Pointe Condos & Real Estate Professional – Rav Soomal, Developing a Strata in Golden & the Challenges in Building Affordable Housing;
- Innovation Building & Vidorra “Oso” – Ned Johnston, Developing Rental Housing in Golden & Building Intentionally for Sustainability.
Find out more: