Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Coordinator
Part-time, contract employment, semi-flexible hours
Contract offers 300 hours over 3-4 months (the duration will be determined in consultation with the successful candidate)
The hourly wage is $22.00
Reports to: Director, Community Economic Development (CED)
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Implement the BRE program specific to Golden and CSRD Area A.
- Conduct interviews with local business owners on a schedule that meets their convenience.
- Communicate concerns, trends and opportunities with the CED office.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Attend community meetings as required.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Professionalism and efficient time management skills with the ability to work independently.
- Polished listening and interpersonal skills, and genuine passion for interacting with others.
- Attention to detail and the ability to synthesize information and create accurate and meaningful reports.
- Competency with common computer software and willingness to master the BRE database/software.
The BRE Coordinator is someone committed to understanding business owners needs. They are reliable and always adhere to strict confidentiality. The successful candidate will have education and/or experience that enables them to understand the local business sector and the broader influences on it. The BRE Coordinator will be expected to be a lifelong learner, staying on top of emerging knowledge and trends and striving to continuously improve their professional service to the community.
This role will commence with an intensive period implementing the BRE program and the hours required for the role may reduce over time. This is a pilot project subject to review with no guarantee of a contract extension.
Please provide your resume and a detailed cover letter describing your qualifications for this position. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. We will be reviewing applications as they are received. The competition will officially close when a candidate has been hired. The successful candidate will be able to commence work right away (February 2021).
Please direct questions and applications to:
Director, Community Economic Development